You thought you were rid of me and my sarcastic stories after I finally found my way back to the States. So sorry. Back, by popular demand (aka Diane Burch), and with a new title is..….
"Little Ann's Big Apartment"?
Nope - false advertising
"Little Ann's Big Walk-in Closet"?
That won't work either, it's already overflowing with shoes.
"Little Ann's Big Credit Card Bill"?
Has potential… But 'gigantic' might be a more accurate description.
….. Resignation to a lack of creativity has left me with:
"Little Ann's Big Adventure - Part 2"
What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from.
- T.S. Eliot
And so, I'll pick up at the end of my travels abroad - my new beginning… I spent the rest of my summer visiting friends, working at J.Crew, and hanging out with Paul and Diane in Zionsville. All in all enjoyable and a well spent final summer. I even earned a little money to buy furniture with… sort of…. silly J.Crew discount. OK, so at least I tried to earn a little money to start off in Minneapolis with! :)
Monday my title officially transferred to "grown up". I delayed the inevitable as long as possible, and yet somehow the real world still found me.
As a new grown up, my toolkit now includes the skills to: wash dishes (and know how to use the dishwasher!), do ALL of my own laundry (Merrit, you taught me well), vacuum regularly, iron (or at least attempt to), and cook! If any of you are still alive, then you should also know that my new "adult" conversations only revolve around subjects such as rent, utility bills, cleaning methods, insurance policies, Target and 401k. I'm officially old: planning for retirement and reading up on all the latest wrinkle prevention techniques. Great.
Otherwise, being an adult is soo fun! :) Even with acquiring these new responsibilities, I LOVE Minneapolis, am fully enjoying living on my own - my new catch phrase being "I'm the boss!", and like having friends living nearby and at work! Despite all the sarcasm, I'm really happy to be where I am, and entering into this new phase - it's a refreshing change, an amazing opportunity, and a welcomed challenge.
This week I began as a Business Analyst at the corporation's headquarters in Minneapolis, MN. (It's still warm here, so let's not talk about winter now… or ever.) I'm the newest member of the patio team! That's right, my new passion will soon be hammocks, rugs, pillows and outdoor chair/table sets. Go buy some. (from Target of course!)
So that's the news from exciting Minneapolis! ;) I'll post pictures of my super-cute new apartment as soon as I finish unpacking for all you creepers out there. (Visitors are welcome anytime, of course! But don't everybody try to book the air-bed for December/January… I know you all want to join me in hibernation but there just isn't space ;) )
All grown up,
Little Ann
No comments:
Post a Comment