It's the final countdown....
And now that you all have that wretched throwback of a song stuck in your heads, I'll amuse you with the tales of my waning moments abroad.
Liz and I gallivanted around London appropriately: shopping at Westfield mall, Portobello Road boutiques, and Oxford (High) Street... I can already hear my closet thanking me, even from these thousands of miles away ;)
When we weren't shopping, we were practicing our other most highly developed skill: eating. Of course. We had fish & chips from Rock & Sole (said to be London's best), pizza and gelato from Herrod's basement restaurants, Pizza Express (more upscale than Btown, and maybe even more delicious?), sushi and edamame (my favorites!), an obscene amount of McDonald's, and a lovely little picnic in Kensington Gardens. Liz made sure we went to Ice Bar (a London novelty!), drank Pimm's in a pub (every Brit will tell you it's "the perfect summer drink!"), saw Wicked!, stalked her neighbor Stella McCartney daily, and rehearsed our British accents and catch phrases constantly (favorites included: "it's spot on, is it?", "'ello!", "is it rubbish or litter?" and "this is the ____ line, via ____. mind the gap/door")
I had so much fun with Liz - it was so great to see her again, and for anyone to knows her, it was nice just to hear her laugh - not that it's hard to miss if you're within 100 yards! :)
I can't believe it: I'm leaving Europe, no longer living out of a backpack, and already suffering from severe gelato withdrawals. Not looking forward to the responsibilities that await this fall, but so looking forward to a new city and new adventures!
But to have had these experiences, see so many incredible places, and now return to by far the most amazing people I've ever met - I just know it's a great life.
So cheers, London! And America - ready or not, here I come!
No comments:
Post a Comment